BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday 26 November 2009

So Why I decided To Give Up

In short, i felt that i had to......my body was telling me it was time, i was getting out of breath by just leaning over and doing my shoelaces up, anything energetic was out of the question. I was coughing and spluttering like a man of 80 But apart from the symptoms my body was showing i still had my wife and 2 daughters constantly reminding me what i was doing to my "insides".

After doing a little bit of research i was finding bits of useful information on what benefits would there be if i gave up smoking before i hit the big 40, obviously there are benefits to giving up at any time, but the benefits get less and less the longer you leave it. The 2 key points that gave me the incentive to stop now rather than later were:
  1. If you quit by the time you are 40, you could live nine years longer than if you carried on smoking
  2. If you give up smoking before the age of 35-40 your life expectancy is very similar to those who have never smoked.
So that was that, i have the big 40 coming up and i wanted the old saying "Life begins at 40" to be true, and it not to be the beginning of the end.

Vattie

0 comments: